Wedding planning in 2020 has been challenging to say the least. Some brides have postponed their big day to 2021, while others have chosen to go the smaller wedding route with micro weddings, elopements or minimonies. This week, we wanted to give you a little encouragement amongst the chaos. At Consider, our answer is pour the bubbly and get creative: How can you turn this pandemic into something special? Here are some practical ways to make the most of your micro wedding, elopement or minimony.
- Add ring engraving to your wedding bands! You can engrave multiple dates, an encouraging message, or anything your heart desires. You are sure to treasure this little hidden secret. Available on metal bands 2mm and wider.
- Get social. Using a wedding website or social media event to update guests? Print out some of your guests' kind or funny comments and put them in a journal as a keepsake. Most websites will eventually disable your wedding site, but these memories don’t have to be lost.
- Having a smaller wedding may open up some space in the budget for things you didn’t initially think would make the cut! Use this as an opportunity to splurge on the extra floral touches you were dreaming of or something else that will make your day feel special.
- Your guests are really wanting to show their love and support for you. If you’ve always wanted to have a dreamy honeymoon, but the budget wasn’t there - why not register for it? Get specific with your honeymoon registration items with things like “a sunset bottle of wine on the beach” or “breakfast in bed”. Brides Magazine has a fantastic and curated list of honeymoon registration websites, linked here, that will help you navigate all the options. Having something exciting to look forward to will keep you dreamy instead of dreary.
- On the big day, take the time to enjoy the moment and people you are with. No receiving line, no obligatory chaos of an 200 person party, just the love of your life and your nearest and dearest. While this might not be the way you envisioned it, your wedding will be focused on what matters most.
- Celebrate your elopement or microwedding month with its corresponding birthstone. Add a Pavé Birthstone Stacker to your ring stack or wear the Birthstone Sprinkle Studs to commemorate this special day.
- Don’t ditch the traditions you’ve always dreamed of just because the party is smaller— this is your wedding day after all! Toss your bouquet, have a first dance, and cut your cake.
- Having a micro wedding and renewing your vows in a larger ceremony next year? We say add another ring to your bridal stack to commemorate this day too! Something sparkly on your ring stack will forever remind you how you and your partner survived and thrived in this trying time. You know, sort of like a rock under pressure turns to a diamond. ;)
- Surprise your partner with a video of all your guests!! Services like Vidday.com make an easy and meaningful gift because they do all the video editing and collecting. Simply import the email addresses of loved ones and they will take care of the rest. Your wedding will still have some of the most important people present - even if they’re not with you on the dance floor like you planned. You’ll have a beautiful video to treasure forever without doing any of the legwork!
We know that 2020 has not gone as planned for weddings, but we’re here to remind you that love always wins! What are you doing to make the most of your ever-changing wedding plans? Tell us in the comments. And 2020 brides, we are here for you!