Your diamond or gemstone deserves to shine as bright as the day they popped the question. In this post, we will show you a quick, effective and safe method to clean your engagement ring at home. If you are doing this routine once a week, it is the best way to preserve your fine jewelry.
In preparing your cleaning space, make sure that you are away from any sink drains or any possible places where your ring could be easily lost. Follow our step-by-step tutorial to clean your engagement ring at home:
- Fill a glass with tap or distilled water.
- Add a little bit of dish soap - our favorite is Dawn!
- Using a new toothbrush, stir the water and dish soap mixture.
- If your ring is extremely dirty from beauty products, a visit to the beach, or a long stretch in between cleanings (all of which are not recommended!) let the ring soak for a few minutes in the water and soap solution.
- Dip the toothbrush into the soap solution. Holding the metal, use the toothbrush to scrub under the prongs, brush your gemstone or diamond and get your ring nice and soapy.
- Dip the ring into the soap and water mixture again and give it another good brush and soapy dip.
- Pat dry with a polishing cloth or paper towel.
- Using your polishing cloth or paper towel, polish the metal by rubbing it gently. If you are using a polishing cloth and notice black or gray markings from your metal, it is not dirt. These cloths contain polishing compounds and when rubbed on precious metals a black residue is left behind.
- Lastly, put your ring back on and enjoy that extra clean sparkle.
For more information on jewelry care and inspiration, be sure to follow us on Instagram and feel free to reach out with any questions. Thank you for reading and polishing with us friends. Stay safe and warm.